Insurance Verification Coordinator
Regional Hospice and Palliative Care is seeking a full time (Tuesday – Saturday) insurance verification coordinator.
- Verify insurance coverage for all patients.
- Coordinate approvals and denials of patient services based on insurance coverages.
- The coordinator will be an integral part of the intake team and will outline the financial process of collections to patient families.
- Two years of experience in a medical billing/hospital or surgical center intake.
- Working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and commercial clearing house.
- Working knowledge of HCPC and diagnosis coding.
- Must be comfortable making phone calls to all healthcare facilities, patients/family members and insurance companies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and maintain a positive and professional attitude are required.
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality of patient and agency information is a must.
- Experience in Hospice/Home Care is preferred.